latest,
Represented by the Commissioner for Education, Science and
Technology, Professor Andrew Nok, El-Rufai explained that the state had
suspended the school feeding programme pending when it was reimbursed by
the Office of the Vice-President (OVP).
He said the feeding programme may resume in July 2017, disclosing that the state had received N3.4billion, which he said was half of the money owed it by the Federal Government for the programme.
“Kaduna state started partial school feeding in January last year but stopped in August. We spent nothing less than N10 billion on the school feeding for the eight months.
“The initial arrangement was that primary 1 to 3 pupils will be fed
by the Federal Government while primary 4 -6 are to be taken care of by
the state government.
“Since Federal Government was not ready, we felt it would be unwise to go and feed classes 4-6 pupils and leave those of classes 1-3, so we fed all pupils of government primary schools for eight months.
‘With the half paymen we have gotten, we hope to resume the school feeding programme by July. We have officials from Abuja to finish up the arrangement.
‘We have re-worked all the logistics, we have held several meetings
and we are training our vendors and the consultants”, he said.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Kaduna government spent N10bn on pupils’ feeding in 8 months – El-Rufai
Kaduna government spent N10bn on pupils’ feeding in 8 months – El-Rufai.
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, says his government has spent over N10billion on school feeding programme for primary school pupils in eight-months.
El-Rufai said this on Thursday while presenting his mid-term report on education at the Correspondents Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Kaduna.
He said the feeding programme may resume in July 2017, disclosing that the state had received N3.4billion, which he said was half of the money owed it by the Federal Government for the programme.
“Kaduna state started partial school feeding in January last year but stopped in August. We spent nothing less than N10 billion on the school feeding for the eight months.
“Since Federal Government was not ready, we felt it would be unwise to go and feed classes 4-6 pupils and leave those of classes 1-3, so we fed all pupils of government primary schools for eight months.
‘With the half paymen we have gotten, we hope to resume the school feeding programme by July. We have officials from Abuja to finish up the arrangement.
Kaduna government spent N10bn on pupils’ feeding in 8 months – El-RufaiWe cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Kaduna government spent N10bn on pupils’ feeding in 8 months – El-Rufai, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
0 Comments:
You can subscribe to our e-mail